"Heiny (Mae's word for "here"), Cack," I glanced up from my magazine to find Mae handing her big brother blocks as he created a massive tower for his hot wheel cars complete with secret tunnels and hiding places. This quiet moment had to be shared because the chaos has been building this summer in the Sellner household. Jack is anxious for his little sister to catch up physically (she does weigh the same and can climb skillfully up any structure, be it chair, island, or small tree) and mentally (her vocabulary is increasing daily as she repeats everything...I mean everything!) With the mercury rising above 100 most afternoons these last 2 weeks, I have felt quite outnumbered as they chase each other frantically around our 1800 square foot ranch. This game lasts all of three and half minutes before one of them ends up with a unicorn sized bump on his or her forehead.
So my moment yesterday, fleeting as it was (Mae knocked down his creation and they were off screaming down the hallway), begged to be remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment