

We've been home for a couple of weeks, but I have not been able to catch my breath up until now. Our beach trip was very restful. It was our first full week at the beach, just the four of us. Jack could have spent the entire day in the sand and surf. He helped Adam dig large holes to collect water by the water's edge, created "drip fortresses," and swam in the tide. Mae reluctantly stuck her toes in the surf (I couldn't believe my risk taker acted so cowardly). She did discover that the beach was a perfect place to snack...wait, she makes that discovery everywhere we go!
Adam and I quietly celebrated our 10 year anniversary on August 2nd. As we watched Mae and Jack play in a tidal pool late in the afternoon, I was struck by how the Lord has met and exceeded all of my expectations for marriage and family. How blessed we are!

No comments:
Post a Comment