Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jack's First Day of Kindergarten


In front of the "yellow house." We finally met our neighbor, Dutch, who snapped some shots of the family.

It has been an exciting couple of weeks for the Sellners. After putting our house on the market a second time, it sold to the first people who walked through. We quickly closed, packed up, and moved to a rental two blocks from our old house (or our "normal" house, as Mae refers to it). This home is affectionately called the yellow house by the kids (or for Mae, the "lello" house.) It's the perfect fit for the next six months, while our new home is being built.
With all of the chaos, we have anxiously awaited the first day of school. Jack decided at the last minute to ride the bus, so at nine this morning I put my baby on the big yellow bus. He was so brave and so sweet as he left. To "remember me," he carried a feather I found for him in the front pocket of his backpack.
At four, the bus rounded the corner and Jack hopped happily from the bus. He's had stories all afternoon. We can't wait until Tuesday!

2 comments:

The Hiatt Family said...

I can't believe he rode the bus; What a brave little man! Congrats on making it through the first day...I've been thinking of y'all.

Amy G said...

So excited to hear that ya'll have decided to build! I know this has been a long journey/dream -- will be in Charlotte next weekend... will try to connect if I get a chance!