Thursday, March 06, 2008

Two Wheels!

Jack's bicycle and Mae's tricycle have been on vacation in the Hiatt's garage for the past eight weeks. (It was part of the de-cluttering we underwent to put our house on the market.) On Monday, I brought both of them home for Jack's big Bicycle Day at preschool. The first thing he asked when I pulled it from the trunk was, "Mom, can we take off the training wheels." A few guided pushes down the sidewalk, and he was coasting on 2 wheels by himself. Today, we ventured to a unused basketball court at the park to work on turns. After a couple of figure eights he was ready to move on to the playground equipment. I stand amazed!

We checked out the Hiatt's blog a couple of nights, ago. Carver has been working on the same thing with just as much success. The boys will soon be riding circles around their parents.

No comments: